"There is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah"
2 Nephi 2:8 (The Book of Mormon)

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 1 --- "Wise Men Still Seek Him" part 1






Through the prophet Jeremiah, Christ invites, "... call upon me... and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you... Seek me, and ye shall find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart."

Today Lord, I commit my heart a little more fully to searching for Thee and I trust that I will find Thee!



Why does establishing or deepening my relationship with the Savior even matter???

The answer to this question lies in understanding a couple of simple truths; first, who He is and second who You are.  Today, let's seek deeper understanding of who He is.  As you prayerfully consider the following, listen for the new or deeper understanding God waits to bless you with. I trust that much of what you learn will not be written on this page!

Who is He?

Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God the only begotten in the flesh.  He came to this earth to save us from our lost and fallen state as we journey through this life separated from God our Father.  The purpose of our time here on Earth is to gain experience and demonstrate to our Father the desires of our hearts which He has promised to grant us.  The choice is ours... to receive the fulness of God's glory or to yield to the enticings of the devil and settle for far less.  The preferable choice seems obvious... it actually is... but the tricky part lies in our actual demonstration of our desires.  Do I prefer Godly, virtuous activity or am I more drawn to the worldly and risque???  God, knowing that each of us would fall desperately short of His exalted standard, sent His Son to make up the difference between our inadequacy and God's perfection. Of His mission the Savior said,

"He (God) hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of prison to them that are bound... to comfort all that mourn... to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for heaviness..." Isaiah:61:1-3

From this we learn that He has the power to:
Heal you--- What are my wounds?
Liberate you--- What am I in bondage to?
Comfort you--- What are my fears, concerns, and heartaches?
Transform--- That which is damaged or destroyed in your life into beauty
                      Your grief into joy
                      Your burdens into blessings and praise

Do I take Christ at His word and trust that He can fulfill His mission in my flawed soul???

Tomorrow we will look at "Who You Really Are".  I can't wait!!!



2 comments:

  1. Through the atonement of Jesus Christ God lives. - God Loves - God Lifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am so thankful that God sent Jesus to die for our sins and grant us eternal life! Thank You God for the most precious gift! Thanks Carey for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete